Monday, August 31, 2009

I need some "oink"ment!

I have swine flu.
Saturday morning, I woke up feeling a little bit achy but it was just bad enough that it felt like I must have just slept in an awkward position, and after a few hours of being awake, the pain went away. During the day, I kept coughing -- just a dry cough. I still did not feel sick or that I was getting sick at all! That night I went to bed and woke up around 5:00 a.m. and was hurting EVERYWHERE! My muscles hurt, my joints hurt, even my toes and fingers hurt! Chris got me some Tylenol and I tried to go back to sleep.
I woke up Sunday morning and made the official decision that we would not be going to church because I was still in so much pain. During the day the pain kept on -- even being on Tylenol every 4 hours, the pain was excrutiating! Poor Christopher massaged me I bet a million and one times! The coughing kept up, but I still was coughing up anything -- it was just dry still and tasted metallic.. yuck! I tried my best not to cough! Around lunch, I got to FREEZING! I had on a t-shirt & pj pants, but had to add socks, 2 blankets and a sweatshirt, and poor Christopher had our air on 77 - I was sweating him out of the house, however, I was still so cold! I kept an eye on my temperature and about 2:30 p.m. it peaked at 102 degrees before it finally broke! Good grief! I was sweating then! After that everything pretty much felt better... The muscle and joint pain was better -- not gone -- just better, coughing had seemed to cease, etc.
So I spent the night on the day bed in my school room.
I woke up at 2:00 a.m. feeling so nauseous! I immediately called Chris to bring me a trashcan and barely made it! From then on, I threw up every hour on the hour. I would wake up, throw up 4 or 5 times, and go back to sleep until the exact same time - just an hour later - and do it all over again!
So this morning I had Christopher drive me to the doctor...where we found out they no longer take my insurance so we ended up having to pay it out of pocket. The doctor brought me back, checked me over, swabbed my nose, and came back with the results that I did in fact have the flu -- and that since it is not "flu season" they are 100% guaranteeing that it is swine flu. Lucky me!
So now, I'm on three different kinds of "oink"ment to try to get rid of this swine flu!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment