Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I don't want to forget...

.... and yet I will.  Because I don't blog often enough, or have the best memory in the world.  But I try to capture little moments in my heart that I can't get on camera or blog quickly enough about.  Like the time I dropped you off at daycare in Ms. Wendy's room and just as I was about to exit out of the building, I heard your sweet little voice say "Mommy!" and I turned around and you were peeking your head out of your classroom door, darted out and ran down the hall to give me a hug and said "Bye Bye, Mommy!" then turned to run back in your classroom like a big girl.  Melted. My. Heart!!

I don't want to forget how at 20 months, you:::
  • used to say that a duck says "duck duck" (you now say "cack, cack")
  • say that a dog makes a panting noise (not a barking sound)
  • laugh and say "Achoo" after anyone sneezes
  • love to play the "hug game" and run back and forth from person to person (usually your Daddy & I) saying "hug" and giving the BIGGEST and BEST hugs ever!!
  • love your lovie and blanket so very much
  • love your lovie and blanket so much, you even found their heartbeat -- made me cry because that's how real they are to you :)
  • tell me "bye bye" as I lay you down to sleep
  • mimick everything your Daddy & I do from putting on deodorant to dancing
  • jump out of the bathtub and curl into my arms as I wrap a towel around you and you say "It cold!"
  • call yourself "Cee-Lee"
  • love to watch "Clue's Clues" (Blue's Clues), "Gabby" (Yo Gabba Gabba), or "Mi-Mouse" (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) on the "T.B." (T.V.)
  • talk in your sleep
  • ask "What's that?" All.Day.Long.
  • stop and drop everything you're doing as soon as the "Spin Around" music video by the Fresh Beat Band comes on TV, and dance the whole routine with your Daddy & I.
  • you're scared of the automatic bubble wand -- so innocent and sweet!
  • you kiss my lips and cover me up with your lovie when I say I'm cold.
  • are so polite and tell people "tan-tu" (thank you) unprompted when they compliment you
  • know your shapes (circle "seerkle", square "kares", triangle "trangle", heart "haht", star "stah")
  • are starting to count (one, two, one), can recognize the numbers 1 & 2, and show them on your fingers
  • can recognize and name the letters: A, B, C, D, E, H, I, K, L, M, O, R, S, T, U, X, Z
  • know the colors blue, purple, white, black, red, green, pink, yellow "lellow", and orange (but sometimes get green and pink confused)
  • how when you were scared of the thunderstorm the other night, I brought you into bed with me (Daddy was sleeping upstairs because he was sick) and you just laid in bed and talked forever.  When I got up to take you back to bed, I asked you if you wanted to go back to your bed or stay with Mommy and you said "Cee-Lee's pillow.  Mommy's bed."  So we went and got your pillow and you slept the rest of the night in my bed. :)
I don't want to forget... and yet I will, because this isn't even all of what I want to remember to write down.

I love you so much sweet, darling angel!  I wish I could remember it all for you... and for me :)  You are my heart!

1 comment: