Saturday, February 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I am blogging to you from the comfort of my parent's home....Ah, how nice it is!

I remember when I was little dreaming of growing up, meeting Prince Charming and then living in a house that we would have built in my parent's front yard. Ha! Little did I know that not only would I not be living in my parent's front yard -- but not even in the same city! It's funny how things work out...

I, of course, miss my family and really wish I could see them on a daily basis, but Milledgeville is more my "style." It reminds me of Old Newnan -- not many big business or a whole lot of restaurants, just quiet and simple. I would not trade living in my house with Christopher in Milledgeville for anything (okay, maybe for an add-on to my house so my entire family could come live with me!) But, it's always nice to be able to come home, away from my reality of school life, wake up early for coffee with my mom, shop with Christy, joke with my dad, and see Sara & Nutter-Butter in person! :)

Thanks to Skype though, seeing them everyday has been easy! For those of you who don't know, it's pretty much awesome! I can video call my family any time any day and actually see them as I talk to them! And the best part is that it's FREE! This has been especially great since I get to see my Nutter-Butter almost daily now!

This year is a big year around the Perkins' abode... I am getting married, Nathan is turning one, Dad & Mom both turn 50(!) and it's also their 30th year anniversary! (Wow, I hope Christopher & I make it that long!)

Speaking of Dad turning 50, Mom threw him a surprise party and invited the entire family over for steaks, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, baked beans, salad, pineapple casserole and strawberry cheesecake for dessert! It was sooooo yummy & so much fun to see everyone!

I'm playing daycare this morning, and Nutter-Butter's waking up...duty calls!

Ta-Ta for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment