Sunday, September 11, 2011

Nothing is worse...

Than having a cold.  Except for maybe a cold in WARM weather season.  And really, nothing is worse than having a cold in warm weather season and not being able to hold your baby.  Poor Chris.  He caught this cold that has been going around town and more particularly his family this weekend.  Macie & Mollie caught it first and still have it, then MaMa and Pop both got it, and Cindy & Smiley.  Now, Chris caught it too and he's trying so hard to not give it to Lucy or I.  He's spent the last two nights sleeping inclined in his recliner in the living room so that he can breathe better and to keep from breathing on Lucy at night and he's painfully watched me get to hold her and have her all to myself all weekend.  I think I can tell that Lucy misses him.  Or she's getting sick of it being just me.  Ha!

Lucy's just started being really drooly this weekend.  I mean, she SOAKED two outfits yesterday.  Dr. Google & I think that her digestive enzymes are kicking in which happens around 8 weeks (check!) which causes her to produce more saliva (check!) than she knows how to swallow so sometimes coughs because she's swallowing too much (check!) and can produce really runny dirty diapers because of how much saliva she is swallowing (check!).  Just call me Mom, MD.

I took Lucy into the doctor on Friday because I was afraid she was catching the virus that is also going around Milledgeville.  For 24 hours, her dirty diapers had been both bright yellow and the consistency of water.  More than the consistency or the color, what bothered me was that it had been 24 hours.  Thankfully, Dr. Ivey told me that the consistency and color of breastfed babies diapers can change and that he was unfortunately going to have to charge me for having a healthy baby!  We did find out that at 7 weeks and 4 days Miss Lucy weighed in at 9 lbs. 12 oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long -- big girl! :)

Today is also Grandparent's Day.  Lucy is so lucky to have 4 wonderful grandparents that love her so much and that she loves just as much! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment