Monday, May 18, 2009

Counting Down the Days... :)

Okay. We have about 4 days left until our wedding day! We get asked all the time "How are you feeling?," "Are you getting nervous?," "Are you excited yet?" Well, it depends on who you ask....

My Story:

I have waited, and waited, and waited for May to get here. It got here, and I still wasn't nervous. I started Maymester in school where I had to keep an intense calendar of what is due everyday -- looking at the calendar everyday, and marking off days as they got closer... still wasn't nervous. The week before the week of my wedding, people would say "Are you getting nervous?" And I would say "Eh, not really..." Then, Enter.Newnan. I went to Newnan this weekend for my Bachelorette & last Wedding Shower -- and it HIT me like a ton of bricks, y'all! Literally pounded me! When I started seeing all of the details, and buying the last minute things, and finding my lipstick I was going to wear, and finalizing on a hairstyle, etc., etc., etc., ... it just hit me! I wasn't able to sleep at night -- I would just lie in bed. Awake. Until the wee hours of the morning when my body just finally would give out. And then I was up again bright and early to do it all over again! I have never been in such a hurry to get back to Milledgeville so that I could SLEEEEEEEEEP!!!

Oh, but it hasn't stopped here! Oh no, I think it followed me... Atleast, I was able to sleep! In fact, I got home to Milledgeville about 6:30, slept from 7-8:30, went back to sleep around 11 and slept in until 9.. I have also taken another 2 hour nap since then! Boy! Oh, boy! All day, I have thought about this wedding, made appointments to meet with vendors so they could set up, checked on the delivery of the tux's, bought the attendants gifts, etc. Atleast I am able to sleep now, though!

I absolutely cannot wait until the Big Day! I know it is going to just be absolutely beautiful and I am eternally grateful to the many hands and opinions, and bank accounts that have gone into making this wedding possible! Thank you, thank you, thank you -- from the bottom of our hearts! :)

His Story:

I ask him "Are you getting nervous?" He says "I'm nervous that I'm not nervous." Typical.

Wish us luck! Hope to see you there! & if you are unable to make it, for whatever reason, toast us, pray for us, think of us, and share a little smile at 5:00 Saturday - for that's when the magic begins! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment