Saturday, May 9, 2009

I am going to marry a college graduate! :)

The month of May held two very big days for us. The first one was Christopher's graduation from Georgia College & State University (Bachelors in Business Marketing) and the second being the day we become Mr. & Mrs. Giles! :)
Today, was that first "big day" for us. Christopher jokes that people would come up to him and say "Are you ready for the big day?" and he would reply "Yeah, May 9th!" when really they were referring to our wedding day!


Since graduation started at 9 a.m. the graduates had to get there at 7:45 this morning! That put us setting our alarms for 6:30 this morning! Yikes! That's early for a Saturday! So, I put on my p.j.'s and hopped in the bed! Christopher stayed up a little while longer, but just as I was asleep good he wakes me up... "Becca! I can't find my cap, stole (sp?), or tassle! You've gotta help me!" We looked everywhere! His gown was hanging up in the closet...and we eventually found the rest of his ensemble crammed in a dresser drawer! Phew!

6:30 a.m. came bright and early -- we got there, and I found seats to save for me, his mama & daddy, and his sister, Kacie. We didn't sit long before us girls needed to find the little lady's room... As we were walking back, we noticed how wonderful the shade with light breeze felt under the trees in the back, rather than in the hot sun where we were sitting! We stayed back there as long as we could, and eventually moved back to our seats. After a while, Kacie & I decided we would go see if we could get a closer view. We walked all the way around and found the perfect spot! We could get great pictures from where we were! So we called his mama & daddy and they came and found us too! It was wonderful, because Chris knew exactly where we were and where we would be when it was all over with! Chris graduated among 1,050 other students... you can imagine how hectic it was trying to find your families!

After it was over, we took the pictures and said our congrats and decided it was best that we didn't go to lunch somewhere, because everywhere was probably crowded! And so here we are... he's waiting on some friends to come over and I'm on my way to McDonough to see my best friend Katie Sprinkle get married! I absolutely cannot wait! :)



Much Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment