Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend Recap! :)

Chris & I had a spontaneously planned weekend! I love weekends like this, because you never know what to expect next!

Fridays are dress-down days at Creekside where I am student teaching, & I look forward to them all week! I always wear my Creekside t-shirt & my favorite pair of blue jeans from one of my favorite stores to shop at, Maurice's. I was so "in the mood" of dress-down friday, and having such a relaxed day, that I called Chris on my way home & told him I did not want to cook. So, on his way home he picked me up some Cheesesticks from Papa Johns (one of my favorites ever!), and he was going to have some spaghetti that his mom had made earlier. By the time he got home, I was starving so I devoured the cheesesticks. No sooner had I just taken my last bite, did his parents call & ask if we wanted to go out to eat @ the Brick! Ahh!! I was a little miffed that I didn't get to eat the Brick, but I just love the atmosphere, & had a great time seeing familiar faces & being with his parents! It's always so much fun, because Cindy & I talk school, & the boys talk work & sports. Chris & I spent the rest of the evening at home, just playing games & such.

The next morning, Chris had to get up early and go to work for a few hours. When he came home, we cleaned the house & sat inside because it was raining out :(. We had planned on washing our cars & putting his Camero up for sale, but there's always next weekend! That evening, Chris & I went to the movies to see Avatar! It was soooo good! The colors in the movie were unbelievable & the 3-D was awesome! I truly felt like I could have just walked right into the screen! The parts where they were hanging over the edge or falling down cliffs even got Chris's stomach a bit! Avatar is such a long movie (2 1/2 hours), that I was spent by the time it was over! I came home & pretty much fell straight to sleep. Chris stayed up and played video games with his friends. However, this night, he lost track of time and played until 4:30 in the morning!!!

Tough for him, because we got up & went to church Sunday morning! At least our church service doesn't start until 10:45. He got 5 1/2 hours of sleep! After church it started raining again, and seeing as how he was running on empty, we both laid down for a quiet afternoon nap! I love to take naps, & VERY rarely get to take one with my husband (he thinks naps are for children), seriously, I've probaby only napped with him two or three times -- ever! It was so nice & relaxing, and truly made my day!! :) :) :) Later that afternoon we went over to his grandparent's house to show them some things on their computer. Cindy & Smiley got them a computer for Christmas. They have absolutely no idea how to use it, and so we were showing them step-by-step & letting them take notes, renaming icons to say exactly what they do (Internet Explorer -- Click here twice to get on the internet). It's so cute! We left there, and had Chris's friend Scott & his wife, Candace over so that Scott could show Chris a few things on his computer! Candace & I always laugh at the boys & their obsessions with wrestling! Immediately after they left, we went to Chris's parents house for dinner. Now, I had planned & cooked Steak & Gravy for dinner, & it was still cooking & almost ready when they called & invited us over, but like I said earlier, we have so much fun with them! Besides, Macie & Wesley were both there while Kacie was at work, & I very rarely get to see Macie, so we decided we would refrigerate the Steak & Gravy for the next night, and go eat over there instead! Macie is such a mess! She is so smart in knowing who everybody is, and knowing how to get you to do what she wants. If she hurts herself, she's made a sad face and boo-hoo a little bit, and hold her boo-boo out to you for you to kiss. As soon as you kiss it, it's immeidately better! :) She loves to play on the computer, & LOVES Yo Gabba Gabba!

Today, is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and so I have the day off from school. I tried to sleep in, but since I am used to waking up at 6:30, 8:30 was "sleeping in" for me. Delilah & I have just been lounging around. I'm planning on going to eat lunch at Chris's grandmother's house since she's keeping Macie & having everyone over for lunch, and then, Summer is coming over for us to work on lesson plans. After she leaves, I plan to go to Wal-Mart, get my nails done, & then come home & get ready because Chris & I have a double-date tonight with Christy & Korey Sutton. We're going to eat at PJ's Steakhouse. That's right, we have one more night of not getting to eat our Steak & Gravy... hope it's still good for tomorrow night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment