Thursday, January 19, 2012

Five Months Old!!

Today, Lucy, you are FIVE MONTHS OLD!!

... wait, did I just write that??

This month, Miss Lucy:
You weigh about 14 lbs. and are about 25 inches long
You wear a size 2 diaper (Pampers Swaddlers -- and nothing else) and 3-6 month size clothes

Your little personality has erupted!  You smile at EVERYBODY you meet, even if you aren't in a good mood.  You have learned to blow your lips and think it is so much fun when someone plays this game with you and goes back and forth doing it with you.  (You even get upset when you don't win).  You talk all the time and are starting to laugh a lot more.  You never laugh at the same thing twice -- for instance, if I make you laugh by making a certain noise you won't laugh at it later when I try to show someone else.  You laughed at yourself two nights ago (12/16) for the first time.  You were holding this little orange elephant on the exersaucer next to your mouth.  His ears make a crinkling noise and you laughed at him -- it was precious!








You love to stand up and sit up -- both of which you are still needing support with.  Very rarely do you want to just lay down anymore.  You are wearing our arms and shoulders out wanting to stand all the time, so you've learned to love your exersaucer -- you can stand in it and sort of bounce.  You play very well independently.

You have begun eating baby foods -- I cannot believe your Daddy & I have a baby old enough to be eating BABY FOOD already!  So far, you have tried peas, carrots, and bananas.  Your favorite, by far, is the carrots... I couldn't get them in your mouth fast enough!  At one point on day 3 of eating carrots, you literally pulled the bowl out of my hands and put it in your mouth.  It is also pretty frequent during almost any of your meals for you to grab my sleeve and pull the spoon to your mouth as if I'm not doing it fast enough!  Silly girl...  You are such a neat eater, too!  Everytime we begin a meal, especially if it's your first time trying a new food, you will stick your tongue on the spoon first before opening your mouth to eat it, just like you're trying to taste it to see if you're going to like it.  After you tried peas, I wasn't sure whether to give you carrots next or sweet potatoes.  So, your Daddy asked you which one you liked.  He asked you several times "Lucy, do you want Sweet Potatoes?  Or carrots?" and every time you made absolutely zero reaction to sweet potatoes but would give the BIGGEST grin everytime he said "carrots" so that's what we went with.

You've tried:
Peas (12/11 -- 12/13)
Carrots (12/14 -- 12/16)
Bananas (12/17 -- 12/19)

You eat a 6 oz. bottle with rice in the mornings for your breakfast bottle, then throughout the day at daycare you will take at least one more 6 oz. bottle and usually refuse your last bottle.  By the time we get home around 4, you eat another 5-6 oz. and take a good hour nap.  Around 6:30ish, I'll feed you a vegetable and you usually take 3/4 - 1 whole carton of it along with a 5 oz. bottle with rice.  You'll take another good 6 oz. again around 8 before you're down for the night.

Yesterday morning, we tried bananas for breakfast (you ate about 3/4 of it) and you took about 4.5 oz. of a bottle with rice on top of that... growing girl!

We bought a new car!  We traded in our 2010 Barcelona Red Toyota Corolla (15,000 miles) for a 2011 Black Amethyst Nissan Rogue (66 miles).  It is much more roomier and has lots of "perks!"  It has leather a leather interior, with heated front seats, XM Radio, Bose Surround Sound System, Bluetooth, steering wheel controls, GPS Navigation, Keyless entry/start-up, Rearview Back-up camera -- You always do great in the car, falling asleep almost every time you get in, so I'm not sure you even notice the difference (other than we now don't have to drape a blanket over your carseat because we now have tinted windows!!!)

You have gotten heavy enough that I don't even get your carseat out of the car anymore.  I now get you out and put you back in every time.  Much easier!

We had a scary accident happen at our house!  You usually wake up around 6:00 and I let you lay there and talk to yourself for a little bit before it was time for me to get up.  I usually get you ready first, and then sit you in your Bumbo seat on my bathroom counter and let you watch me get ready (it mesmerizes you to watch me put on makeup and do my hair).  Since it's been warm out (75 degrees in December... really, Mother Nature??), I wanted you to wear a dress and thought you'd be uncomfortable sitting in your Bumbo in a dress, so I decided to get me ready first that morning.  However, you had wet through your diaper (something you haven't done in a very long time) so I made a snap decision to change you first instead like normal.  We left your Daddy asleep and went into your room.  I changed your diaper and had you laying on the bed while I was picking out your outfit for the day when I heard a loud rumbling sound and a very loud shattering CRASH!  I immediately picked you up as thoughts of what just happened ran through my head.  I didn't know if someone had broken in, if all my china in my china cabinet had fallen over, etc.  I heard your Daddy yell "BECCA!" and when I yelled back "What???" He didn't answer.  I carried you into the rest of the house to figure out what it was.  Turns out, the HUGE wall-to-wall, counter-to-almost-ceiling mirror had come loose from the wall and fallen shattering into what looked like a million pieces.  Thank GOD we weren't in there!  You and I both had guardian angels looking over us that morning!

You have continued to have a nasty little cough.  We took you to the doctor, yes again, because you have such a rattle in your chest.  He says it's not in your lungs, and that there really is just nothing we can do for a cough until you're TWO!  Bless your heart... :(

You went to see Santa!  You really had no reaction, but took a decent little picture.  I can't wait to see what you think of him next year!

You love to look at Christmas trees -- especially ones with lots of ornaments.  Because we're so busy, we don't have any ornaments on our tree this year other than the one we bought you for your first Christmas (a tradition I want to do with you -- buying you an ornament every year), and the one that your teachers at Learning Safari put on their Christmas tree for you (a red and green plaid bird house with your name on it). 

You still suck your thumb and it really melts my heart each and every time you do -- so sweet!

You turn to look at your Daddy & I if someone else picks you up to hold you, not because you're upset but to make sure we're still there.  Warms my heart! :)

You love sucking on your toes!  Everytime your feet get "free" after being covered up for a while either by socks or by your footed pajamas in the morning, you kick your legs straight up in the air, grab them, and pull your feet in for the kill.  You are so flexible!

You still love to be on your back rather than your tummy, and so your head is a little flat on one side, but we're working on that... oops! :)

Your most favorite place to be in this entire world is on the chest of your Daddy or I and there is just no greater feeling in this whole wide world!

No comments:

Post a Comment