Monday, August 8, 2011

Mommy's Day Out!

This past Saturday, Memaw & Big Daddy came to visit for the day! It was so nice to have some visitors -- especially my parents! Since having Lucy, I have lost a good bit of my pregnancy weight, and the maternity jeans are feeling like they're hanging around my knees, but my pre-pregnancy jeans (while I can fit in them) are a little snug. I also needed a new pair of tennis shoes for when we go walking at Walter B. as a family of three! :) Right now, all I had were my gray New Balance with 0% support... no good for a Mama tryin' to walk off some baby weight! So, when my Mama & Daddy came to visit, I saw it as the perfect opportunity to get out of the house where I wouldn't have to take Lucy, still have someone to go with me, and Chris wouldn't have to be left with her at home by himself. I ended up finding a very comfortable pair of blue jeans at Belk's & some pretty comfortable tennis shoes (with support!) at Rack Room Shoes. I'm not a big fan of shoes with bright colors, but you can hardly find any without! I found some that were pretty mono-chromatic, there's just a hint of bluish-purple! ;)
Sunday night, we went to CiCi & Papa's for hamburgers & hotdogs. Lucy, of course, did fantastic -- sleeping most of the time, but waking up and peeking around just enough. Macie is still absolutely fascinated by her and Mollie is still slightly jealous of her attention.
Today, Lucy is 3 weeks old -- she's getting so grown! Chris went out to Wal-Mart yesterday and bought a digital scale. As of last night, she weighed 8 lbs. 4 oz. -- that's up 14 ounces in just 9 days!!! My little chunky monkey makes me a proud mama :)
We went to Chic-fil-A for breakfast since I had a coupon for a free chicken biscuit. Instead, I got 4 chicken mini's and paid the difference ($.75) and then went by Sonic to get my favorite -- a large coke with vanilla flavoring. Then, we went by Learning Safari so that I could show off my pride & joy :) Everyone loved her! She even got to "meet" her teacher, Miss Jackie! She's going to be so great with her -- almost made me tear up! I'm sure that first day, I will be a wreck!
Right now, Sara & I are trying to plan Lucy & Sallie's joint infant baptism. We want our Preacher Pa to officiate the service & are looking at doing it next weekend, August 14. It will be so special to have them done together & extra special that their Preacher Pa is able to do this for them... so much more meaningful.
I've been overwhelmed lately thinking about if Lucy should be on a schedule or not, and decided that I would start today tracking her naps and feedings to see if she's already sort of on her own schedule. I'm using a website called Trixie Tracker and really like it so far -- very user friendly! It has a free 2-week trial -- I can't wait to see what the results are in a few days.
I've got her down for a nap now & I'm trying to pick things up around the house and catch a few z's myself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment