Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Soaking up the Snuggles!

This week is my last week of maternity leave with Lucy.  I have such mixed feelings about it... 
I am looking forward to being back on a schedule and having her start into a routine, but I am really going to miss our time together.  She'll be going to Learning Safari with me and I absolutely adore the lady (Ms. Jackie) who will be keeping her!  I couldn't imagine having to leave her this young and then me go off to work somewhere she won't be.  I really respect the women who can. 

 
So to celebrate our last week, we went to eat lunch at MaMa & Pop's on Monday.  She served Chicken & Dumplings.  Macie was at school when we got there (she doesn't get out until 12), and Megan & Grant are back in school, so we just "played" with Mollie until everyone else showed up.  MaMa got to hold Lucy some, and Mollie got to check her out some more.  Mollie is very interested in Lucy -- always wanting to see where she is and what she's doing and appears to be jealous... not wanting her Mama or Daddy or MaMa or Pop, or CiCi or Papa to hold Lucy.  It's made her sort of fussy everytime we come around, but we're very understanding of her feelings & try to give her special attention from us & Lucy.

Papa couldn't make it to lunch Monday, but Wesley was able to stay and eat after he dropped Macie off.  Macie said she learned about the color red and that they ate pizza.  She told me they sang the "Bumble Bee Song" and was so excited when I started singing it to her -- she seemed surprised that I knew the words!  Wesley said that Macie was the one assigned to bring snack that day and so she got to be the "leader."  Macie took bananas and grapes -- healthy choice, Kacie! :)

 
Tuesday was spent soaking up all the snuggles and stealing all the kisses I could get from Lucy.

 
Today is Wednesday and I have my post-partum appointment in Macon with Dr. Slocumb.  I'll be taking Lucy with me.  Hopefully we'll get a good report! 

 
Lucy has had a new development happen.  She just recently started crying hard after some feedings & were projectile spitting up.  Dr. Ivey seems to think that because of both of these symptoms, she has a sensitivity to the lactose in my breast milk.  Basically, her lower intestines is taking a little longer than it should to digest the lactose; by the next time she eats, more lactose is introduced and causes a "traffic jam" of cramps in her little belly. He says it has nothing to do with the amount of dairy I consume, just the natural lactose my milk contains.  It's actually pretty common.  We've searched high and low for this product he recommended that should be over-the-counter called Colief, but we haven't had any luck.  Thankfully, Little Tummy's Gripe Water has helped bring her relief. 

 
She had a rough night last night.  I think she's starting her 6 week growth spurt.  She was very restless last night while sleeping and woke up hungry & was fussy while eating about every hour to hour & a half.  She has been able to go 2 1/2 -- 3 hours.  About 3 o'clock, I brought her in the living room and camped out in the recliner.  We both got better sleep this way!  Poor Chris, her fussing and crying last night while we were still in the room gave him no sleep and he slept through his alarm this morning.  I ended up having to go wake him up at 9:15!  He has been leaving for work between 8:45 & 9:00 every morning.  Thank goodness for an understanding, Papa! :)

 
Lucy, you're so funny!  I have tried so hard to get you to like a pacifier.  There are sometimes when you nurse and I can tell you're just comfort nursing.  While I love that I can provide you that comfort, I know that when you start daycare I won't be there to pacify you.  You have taken a pacifier (without immediately spitting it out) maybe twice your whole life.  So, yesterday I had your Daddy pick up a new brand -- Soothie.  You seem to like it better -- it's not your favorite, but it'll do.  Just recently though, you've started sucking on your hands a lot more, and several times have caught you sucking on -- not your thumb -- but your index finger!!  I was able to snap a picture this morning -- so cute!
Tomorrow we're heading to Newnan -- just Lucy & I.  We're leaving Daddy here and going to see our Newnan family before our trip there next weekend which seems to be light years away!  Chris isn't crazy about us going but we want to see Preacher Pa again and figure while we have the time off to go, we should -- especially if Chris is going to be working, he'll hardly miss any time with us at all!  (Easier for us to say...) We can't wait to see Meme & Preacher Pa, Memaw & Big Daddy, Kiki, Sara, Jason, Nathan, & Sallie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment